The internship proposed is at the heart of the Non Linear Product Line. Based in the Capital markets trading room London working as part of the Non Linear business (Trading and Quantitative Research) which is run round the clock 5days a week -time zones from Hong Kong to New York. The exposition to the financial instruments offered by the GMD will be extensive as Basis and Non Linear covers other product line from its hedging activities. Furthermore this internship will provide a valuable and in-depth view of a CIB and its departments.
The successful candidate will assist the NL Business Manager and its Business Analyst in the following tasks:
- Assist the NL Business Manager and its Business Analyst in day-to-day queries from various Businesses and Functions
- Perform P&L, Risks, booking and commercial analyses for the Non Linear Product Line
- Analyse, challenge the data sources and chase inconsistencies, and maintain management tools.
- Perform ad hoc analysis on results, commercial margins, etc. through Business Objects and existing reports.
Respond to enquiries of GMD Permanent Control, RPC Permanent Control and Audit
- Conduct investigations on trades with negative mark-ups in collaboration with GMD Permanent Control team.
- Conduct investigations and checks following up on Audit open recommendations.
Help in reviewing, updating, maintaining and implementing Policies and Procedures of Global Non Linear
- Ensure the rules and procedures are in line with new markets best practices.
- Assisting with any remediation action on existing Credit practices to comply with the intent of Policies & Procedures.
- Help circulate the new regulatory culture in to Non Linear staff.
Automation of processes, various extractions and presentations for different Non Linear stakeholders
- Ad hoc special analyses, business plans, governance presentations.
- Data extractions from different trading / FO platforms.
Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal Compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, the London Compliance manual and the Financial Crime Policy.
Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure to be fully qualified to undertake the role. Complete all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence.