- Origination, structuring and arrangement of syndicated and bilateral loans for Corporates in Western Europe (Benelux, UK, Nordics, Switzerland)– within the CLF Corporate Origination team based in London
Marketing & Research:
- Participate in portfolio reviews with senior bankers and corporate acquisition teams, in order to (i) agree on marketing strategy, (ii) identify coordination opportunities, (arrangement of syndications, documentation, bookrunning, sustainability agent and facility agent), (iii) assist them in originating transactions and winning new mandates.
- Provide credit research, in order to propose recommendations and financing structures
- Prepare presentations & recommendations for clients (market information, credit research, financing solution, syndication strategy).
- Take an active part in joint “pitching” with Senior Bankers and other product lines
- Credit research & modelling
- Proposition of financing structures (tranching, pricing, main covenants) – meeting the targets and constraints of both CACIB CLF and the loan market
- Production of term sheets & mandate letters
- Participate in negotiations with clients and other mandated arrangers for the arrangement of credit facilities
- Contribution to BOM; Prepare Transaction Requests and Liquidity Templates
- Optimisation of liquidity cost and RWA associated to the transaction by liaising with CPM/ALM
- Calculation of the profitability (PI box)
- Review of the legal documentation required in the Syndication process (term sheet, mandate letters, facility agreements…)
- Preparation of syndication materials (information package – bank presentation.)
- Maintain a strong working relationship with distribution (DAR) and AFA teams (co-ordination for underwriting opinions, pricing, syndication strategy, follow-up of bookrunning…)
Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
· Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal Compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, the London Compliance manual and Compliance policies and procedures as issued from time to time; Financial Security requirements, including, but not limited to, the prevention of Financial Crime and Fraud including reporting obligations to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
· Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure to be fully qualified to undertake the role. Complete all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence.
Key Internal contacts
- CIN - FIG
- Product lines: CLF (AFA), DAR, ECM, DCM, RCA
- Credit Departments
- Legal department
- Sustainable Finance