The Associate supports the Head of Infrastructure Investor Coverage for the Americas in the origination and execution of transactions with infrastructure investors that are clients or prospects of the Bank. This key group of clients includes managed infrastructure funds and the infrastructure teams of pension and sovereign wealth funds. The Associate’s support will be principally in the form of research and analysis on potential transactions and includes heavy interaction with our Energy & Infrastructure, M&A and Leveraged Finance teams. The Associate will support the creation of marketing pitches across product areas and geographies. The person will also contribute to credit write-ups and modeling for new deals under consideration. There will be regular calls and meetings with clients.
• Prepare pitches and marketing materials for the Bank’s clients on potential transactions, often in conjunction with other teams (Energy & Infrastructure, Leveraged Finance, Global Investment Banking…)
• Help screen meaningful infrastructure-related news and research industry dynamics to anticipate potential transactions (acquisition financings, refinancing, M&A opportunities…)
• Build and maintain database of infrastructure fund portfolios to identify business opportunities
• Conduct detailed financial modelling and valuation analyses
• Support the Bank’s finance teams in drafting credit requests, building projection models, conducting peer and comparable transaction analysis, performing credit reviews for previous transactions
• Assist the M&A and Structured Finance Advisory teams in their outreach to potential infrastructure buyers on sellside M&A or equity raise processes
• Support KYC/Client Onboarding efforts
• Attend client calls/meetings as appropriate
Management and Reporting:
Reports to the Head of Infrastructure Investor Coverage for the Americas
Key Internal Contacts:
• Colleagues in areas with which we work regularly, i.e. SFI, DOD, GIB/M&A, ITB, GMD, etc.
• Infrastructure Investor Coverage and Private Capital Group colleagues in Europe and Asia
Key External Contacts:
Regular calls and meetings with clients